Monday, June 18, 2007

Met Life Building


Name of the building is the Met Life Building. The date it was founded was in 1964. The architects were Napoleon Lebron and sons. The height of the building is 700 feet and 213 meters. There are 52 floors and they wanted to make the building a streamline modern look. The materials they used were limestone and tuckahoe marble.The colors of the building are beige and tan. There is a clock on each of the four sides of the building. The repeated shapes the building has are rectangles, There are many windows on the building. When I first saw the building in person I thought there was only one clock but when I read about it I found out there are four. The building is very tall and a special feature I like on the building are the clocks, I wouldn't change anything on the building because it is nice and it is old.

No comments: